Is it possible to add a gaussian blur on div element? If yes, how I can do this?
Is it possible to add a gaussian blur on div element? If yes, how I can do this?
I got blur working with SVG blur filter:
CSS
-webkit-filter: url(#svg-blur);
filter: url(#svg-blur);
SVG
<svg id="svg-filter">
<filter id="svg-blur">
<feGaussianBlur in="SourceGraphic" stdDeviation="4"></feGaussianBlur>
</filter>
</svg>
Working example:
https://jsfiddle.net/1k5x6dgm/
Please note - this will not work in IE versions
Blurring the background elements of a div can be achieved using backdrop-filter.
Use it like this:
.your-class-name {
backdrop-filter: blur(5px);
}
All the elements placed under the div are going be blurred by using this.
EDIT: Notice that this is not supported by every browser yet
you can do quite a few things :
filter: blur(10px)
backdrop-filter: blur(10px)
If you want to blur the edges of the div element, use box-shadow
box-shadow: 10px 20px 20px grey;
the third value of 20px sets the blur value. The bigger the value, the more the blur.
You can use either of these, although do note that backdrop-filter doesn't have browser support for firefox and internet explorer.