GWT + Eclipse - how to refresh static resources such as CSS

Viewed 4265

I am developing GWT application in Eclipse in Hosted mode.

When I change something in CSS I cant see it in browser. I am trying full reload in browser using CTRL+F5, restarting my App in Eclipse and no change.

Only thing which helps is rebuild my app using maven clean install, restart App in Eclipse and then i can see changes. This takes a lot of time.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I think there must be better way.

regards,Lukas

5 Answers

From your project/application web page, view page source. Normally an option when we right click the page.

Click the .css file link, which appear something like this:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="Foo.css"

in this case click on Foo.css

The contents of the .css file will be displayed but probably not include your changes. In that case refresh the .css text by pressing F5 or the browser refresh button.

If your .css changes now appear, go back to your GWT project web page and refresh once more.

Alternatively using a different browser could temporarily show your new changes but if it too fails to refresh the .css file, then the procedure above will be necessary.

Related