Google Analytics Core Reporting API Version 3.0 without client login

Viewed 1421

I want to access our Google Analytics account reporting using the newer v3.0, but it seems from everything that I read that in order to get a valid access token the user must log in.

We want direct access to our own account reporting, and not access a client's depending on their account. How do we accomplish this in PHP without having to send the browser to a Google login page? Is there no straight API authentication for v3.0?

EDIT

This seems to be the only method of accessing the API without end-user interaction, which they call "Server to Server":

https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2ServiceAccount

EDIT 2

Looks like it can't be done? ;(

Warning: Very few Google APIs currently support Service Accounts. Service accounts are currently supported by the following Google developer services:

  • Google Cloud Storage
  • Google Prediction API
  • Google URL Shortener
  • Google OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server

EDIT 3

There seems to be a solution after all, as I log in once and then use "Refresh Tokens" to keep gaining access without an additional user login.

1 Answers
Related