Are JavaScript and C++ too similar to learn at the same time?

Viewed 12305

I'm new to both web design and programming. I started learning C++ about four months ago and I just started learning web design about a week ago.

Even though I've been doing web design for only about a week I feel that I am more than proficient in XHTML, so I decided after XHTML I'd learn JavaScript and then HTML5.

The reason I started to learn web design is because I wanted to learn something new, but because I only started C++ four months ago I didn't want to confuse myself by learning another programming language.

The problem now is that I started learning JavaScript and saw that the syntax seems kind of similar to C++. I realize that one is a scripting language and the other is not, but my question is: for someone with my experience would this be too confusing? Or will I be fine learning them both at the same time?

2 Answers
Related