Getting rid of "git: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by git)"

Viewed 32680

For every git command I try to run, I get this message. Example:

stewie:~# git --version
git: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by git)
git version 1.7.11.4

How can I get rid of this?


Edit 1:

Trying to update zlib1g:

stewie:/tmp# apt-get install zlib1g
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
zlib1g is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Edit 2:

I'm on Debian Lenny (5), so, unfortunately, using apt-get isn't that easy.

5 Answers

I have DirectAdmin on my server and this this guide solved my problem.

(copied from page)

If you see the error

/usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by python)

it has to do with the version of libz installed. The reason for the current version has to do with the version of libz that libxml2 requires. A newer version of both will resolve the issue, but due to many reported issues with this update, we reverted to the older version of libz and libxml2. Note that the warning is not going to hurt anything, so it can be ignored.

If you still wish to update libz and libxml2 to their newer versions to avoid the message, type:

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
perl -pi -e 's/zlib:1.2.3:.*/zlib:1.2.5:/' versions.txt
perl -pi -e 's/libxml2:2.7.6:.*/libxml2:2.7.8:/' versions.txt
./build update_data
./build zlib
./build libxml2
./build php n

This method works for my case, add the following line your .bash_profile:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

then run . ~/.bash_profile

Related