error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1: , wrong GCC version?

Viewed 25616

While executing a 3rd party c++ program I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The libgomp.so.1 library is the GNU compiler collection OpenMP runtime library.

Is this part of the GCC package? I can run the program on a system with gcc-4.5, but not system with gcc-4.3 or gcc-4.6.

Or do I need to install another package?

I tried to fix this manually on the system with gcc-4.3 by downloading the library and putting it on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but then I get another missing library : /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found . libstdc is the GNU Standard C++ library so this also indicates a wrong version of GCC?

I am not a C++ developer so I don't fully know what these libraries are and how libraries work in general with C++ code.

The os is linux 64 bit.

gcc-4.3 machine : openSUSE 11.1

gcc-4.5 machine : openSUSE 11.4 (on this machine the program works)

gcc-4.6 machine : openSUSE 12.1

3 Answers
Related