Apple store style fixed div on LEFT

Viewed 315

I'm pulling my hair out over this. I have a webpage where I'd like to have a fixed position div on the left (the parrot & translater) follow the page as it scrolls down. http://www.cartoonizemypet.com/new/help/

I managed to follow this tut http://jqueryfordesigners.com/fixed-floating-elements/ and get what I thought was a perfect effect! Then I tried viewing it on my phone.... As soon as I zoomed in the blasted div moved over the text! :( You can see the affect on a regular browser by shrinking the browser window and scrolling to the right.

Does anyone know a way to prevent the parrot from moving horizontally? I've been searching high and low for a solution but it's starting to seem impossible.

Here's the relevant CSS

#content {
    padding-top:20px;
    padding-bottom:713px;   /* Height of the footer element */
    width:888px;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    position:relative;
}

#help-col1 {
    left:0;
    width:218px;
    position:absolute;
    height:500px;
}

#parrot-box {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    margin-top: 20px;
}

#parrot-box.fixed {
    position:fixed;
    top:0;
}

#help-col2 {
    width:634px;
    float:right;
}

Feel free to check out the page source (http://www.cartoonizemypet.com/new/help/) to see the SCRIPT and HTML. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

3 Answers
Related