How do I export notes from Evernote using AppleScript?

Viewed 3423

I'm trying to export notes from Evernote v.3.3.0 in HTML format to a location on disk using AppleScript. The task at hand doesn't seem to be particularly complicated, but my being relatively new to Evernote, and completely new to AppleScript doesn't help much... ;)

Here's what I have come up with so far - any comments are much appreciated!

tell application "Evernote"
    set allmynotes to find notes
    set outputpath to "/Users/{myusername}/Desktop/Test"
    export allmynotes to outputpath format HTML
end tell

From what I understand, exporting as HTML creates a single file per note, which is why I assumed I needed to specify an output folder name instead of an output file name. Another assumption is the fact that the script, when double-clicked, will run with the credentials of the active user; on my machine, this user has sufficient permissions to write to the specified folder.

Results until now are Evernote got an error: Unable to remove existing output file." number 1 and Evernote got an error: Unable to create output directory.. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance! :)

5 Answers
Related