Django ChoiceField populated from database values

Viewed 25853

I am having problems using a ChoiceField to create a drop down list of values in the database. Here is the snippet of code

from django import forms
from testplatform.models import ServiceOffering

class ContactForm(forms.Form):

    subject = forms.ChoiceField(queryset=ServiceOffering.objects.all())
    #subject = forms.ModelMultipleChoiceField(queryset=ServiceOffering.objects.all())

The #subject.... line works, but when I use the line ChoiceField(queryset....) I get the following error.

__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'queryset'

Any ideas?

5 Answers

view.py :- This is my view.py file. And create below code.

def add_customer(request):
    objectlist = Vehicle.objects.values('brand_name').distinct().order_by('brand_name')
    if request.method == 'POST':
        form = CustomerForm(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            form.save()
            return redirect('/show-customers')
    else:
        form = CustomerForm()
    return render(request, 'add-customer.html', {'form':form, 'objectlist':objectlist})

Customer.html

<select name="prefer_car_model" id="id_prefer_car_model" required>
                <option value="0" selected disabled> Select Car model </option>
                {% for obj in objectlist %}
                <option value="{{ obj.brand_name }}">{{ obj.brand_name }} </option>
                {% endfor %}
            </select>

Output

VMS - Vehicle Brand Name Lists

In Django 2+ you can use 'choices' instead of 'queryset'

Related