How to cancel notification on unexpected/force app termination

Viewed 1471

I'm creating an application which displays the notification of current playing song.

The song is being played via Service & the initiation & cancellation of notification is done in the service itself.

But If the app is terminated by some exception or if I force close it via task manager, the notification remains on the top on taskbar.

How can I remove this.

Below is the code:

//In Service onStartCommand(), there is a call to initiatePlayback()
private void initiatePlayback() {
    try {
        if (mPlayer.isPlaying()) {
            mPlayer.stop();
        }
        mPlayer.reset();
        mPlayer.setDataSource(currentData);
        mPlayer.prepare();

        if (reqAudioFocus()) {
            mPlayer.start();
        }

        if (mPlayer.isPlaying()) {
            initNotification();
        }
    } catch (Exception e) {
        Toast.makeText(this,
                "PlayTrack->initiatePlayback(): " + e.toString(),
                Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
    }
}

@Override
public void onDestroy() {
    stopPlayback();
    mPlayer.release();
    mPlayer = null;
    super.onDestroy();
}

private void stopPlayback() {
    if (mPlayer.isPlaying()) {
        mPlayer.stop();
        mPlayer.reset();
        cancelNotification();
    }
}
private void cancelNotification() {
        String ns = Context.NOTIFICATION_SERVICE;
        NotificationManager mNotificationManager = (NotificationManager) getSystemService(ns);
        mNotificationManager.cancel(NOTIFICATION_ID);
    }
4 Answers
Related