jQuery UI 1.8.22 with jQuery 1.8 doesn't have text in dialog buttons

Viewed 2792

I went to check if the recently released jQuery 1.8 (stable) would be compatible with my current project in development, and to my surprise this is the first thing I saw:

enter image description here

It is a surprise to me as I had already upgraded to jQuery UI 1.8.22, which according to its release post, is compatible with jQuery 1.8.

The callback functions are called according, but the buttons have no textNodes as one can see in a DOM inspector:

enter image description here

The solutions which I've found so far are either:

  1. Downgrade back to jQuery 1.7.2 (I would like to use the latest jQuery version in my page though)
  2. Upgrade to jQuery UI 1.9.0pre (it's not stable)
  3. Use an open handler or manually edit the HTML of the dialog to include my desired text. Seems like a lot of unneeded hassle for a bug in their source.

Am I missing something or is this an actual bug?

Here's the fiddle which I used for the demo:

jsFiddle

And the code for future reference:

HTML:

<div id="foo" title="Dialog title">Dialog text</div>

JS:

$('#foo').dialog({
    buttons: {
        Yes: function() { $(this).dialog('close'); },
        No: function() { $(this).dialog('close'); }
    }
});
1 Answers
Related