i've tried other regexes that are supposed to be able to remove blank lines from a document, but none of them seem to work within BBEdit's find-and-replace.
What is a regex for stripping blank lines from a document that will work in bbedit?
i've tried other regexes that are supposed to be able to remove blank lines from a document, but none of them seem to work within BBEdit's find-and-replace.
What is a regex for stripping blank lines from a document that will work in bbedit?
For truly blank lines in BBedit, I search for:
^$\r
and replace with nothing. This finds the blank lines and removes the contents of the line and the linefeed.
An alternative I have used when I forget how to match a linefeed is to use:
.+
…to match one or more characters and then use the extract button rather than replace all. Instead of deleting your blank lines, you are keeping any line with something on it.