How to export umlaut (or any foreign character) in Matlab eps format?

Viewed 8443

I'm trying to use an umlaut within a legend command in MATLAB. A quick Google tells me the form I want is char(146), and that works fine for displaying the file, or printing it to tif.

But when I print to EPS format (or epsc, eps2, epsc2) then a different character is displayed in the file. I've tried printing the first 300-odd characters, and they certainly change (albeit very slowly, a good half of which are "A" with a symbol immediately afterward), but this seems a pretty slow approach, and I'm not guaranteed to actually find the symbol I want. So, does anyone here have any ideas on what I can try?.

I'm using MATLAB R2011a, my default character-set is UTF-8, my print line looks something like..

legend( plot_id , strcat('lala',char(146)) )

and my print line looks like..

print -depsc2 -tiff -r600 <filename>

(but switching off the tiff thumbnail generation doesn't have any effect)

2 Answers
Related