How to post special/reserved characters from HTML forms to PHP pages?

Viewed 31439

I have a form that looks like this:

<form action="/assesment/savelist/" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="owner" value="<?php echo $userid ?>" />
    <input type="text" name="title" value="Question List Title" />
    <textarea name="description"></textarea>
    <input type="submit" />
</form>

In the description people will have to be able to use the £ character (among other non-allowed characters).

Is there anyway to convert these characters to something that is allowed before posting them to my PHP page?


Hi All, thanks for your comments so far.

If I do print_r($_POST) on my "savequestion" it outposts the postdata that gets sent to it from that form.

however, if there is a £ in any of the fields then that specific character doesnt get sent. For example if I was to post "sdfsdfs £ adasd" from that form all that would get sent is "sdfsdfs adasd"

the question is how do I convert the £ to something that I can send as post data from a HTML form.

3 Answers
Related