My iOS application crashed. I would like to read the crash log with the dSYM file. How is it possible?
My iOS application crashed. I would like to read the crash log with the dSYM file. How is it possible?
Inspiration
Steps to get a dsym file
Get your device crash log
Pull the .crash file off a device. I normally use xCode for this.
Line-by-line method
atos -arch arm64 -o TheElements.app.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/TheElements -l 0x1000e4000 0x00000001000effdc
0x1000e4000 = address of your app's image
0x00000001000effdc = is the stripped name of the symbol you want to turn into a readable name
Pro method
Get the location of symbolicatecrash executable.
In xCode 9, the file you want is here:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/symbolicatecrash
Print symbolicated crash log to terminal
export DEVELOPER_DIR="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer"
./symbolicatecrash -v crash_log_20_9_2018.crash myapp.app.dSYM
Reading
Nice instructions for atos here:
How to symbolicate crash log Xcode?
Way to perform the same without the dsym file here: https://medium.com/@Mrugraj/crash-re-symbolication-5c28d3a3a883