How can I read input from the console using the Scanner class in Java?

Viewed 1624498

How could I read input from the console using the Scanner class? Something like this:

System.out.println("Enter your username: ");
Scanner = input(); // Or something like this, I don't know the code

Basically, all I want is have the scanner read an input for the username, and assign the input to a String variable.

17 Answers
import java.util.Scanner;  // Import the Scanner class

class Main { // Main is the class name
  public static void main(String[] args) {
    Scanner myObj = new Scanner(System.in);  // Create a Scanner object
    System.out.println("Enter username");

    String userName = myObj.nextLine();  // Read user input
    System.out.println("Username is: " + userName);  // Output user input
  }
}

you have wrote

Scanner = input()

this is wrong method, you have to make an integer or a string, i would like to prefer string, and then give a string any name that can be i that can be n or anything else, remember that you are giving name to username you can also give name username also, and the code is

String username = sc.nextline();
System.our.println("the username is" + username);

I hope you understand now

Related