How do I remove case-sensitivity from my combo box's autocomplete (Access form)

Viewed 1888

I've built a data entry form in access. One of the fields [Operator] comes from a combo-box of operator names, such as "Jane Doe". The people who enter the data typically keep caps lock on for other elements of the form, and so when they get to the [Operator] field as they start typing, the autocomplete will do the following:

User types: J
Autocomplete: Jane Doe

User types: JA
Autocomplete: Jane Doe

User types: JAN
Autocomplete: JaNne Doe

So, if there are 2 operators with similar first names and the user needs to type more than 2 letters of the name, autocomplete gets caught up on the case-sensitivity and burdens the user.

The simplest solution I've found so far is to convert all the names to all caps, but is there a way to make autocomplete work regardless of case?

1 Answers
Related