How to prevent errno 32 broken pipe?

Viewed 404405

Currently I am using an app built in python. When I run it in personal computer, it works without problems.

However, when I move it into a production server. It keeps showing me the error attached as below:.

I've done some research and I got the reason that the end user browser stops the connection while the server is still busy sending data.

I wonder why did it happen and what is the root cause that prevents it from running properly in production server, while it works on my personal computer. Any advice is appreciated

    Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 34226)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 284, in
_handle_request_noblock
    self.process_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 310, in process_request
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 323, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 641, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 694, in finish
    self.wfile.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 303, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
5 Answers

If it's a python a web application or service such as Flask or FastAPI, this error might occur if the production server is configured to timeout a request that takes too long. There are relevant parameters in Gunicorn and Uvicorn such as GRACEFUL_TIMEOUT and TIMEOUT that need to be configured according to the needs of your application. You may also want to check your reverse proxy or gateway timeout thresholds.

Related