SQL 2012 Schema/Data Compare In VS2010

Viewed 9911

I've been searching everywhere to find out if there is a current way to do a schema and data compare for SQL 2012 database using the existing Schema/Data compares currently included in VS 2010 Ultimate.

The best I have been able to come up with is a silly add-on tool (SSDT Power Tools) that is not nearly on the same level of usability for schema compares and does not do data compares.

Unfortunately we went ahead and setup a new server with SQL 2012 and were prepared to migrate our current production to it when I learned all the good tool we used to use would not work and that there is no backwards compatibility for compares from 2012 to any previous database version with the SSDT.

I'm looking for any help resolving my issue as my alternative is to have to throw away the 2012 server and deploy everything to a 2008 R2 as our work requires us to constantly be able to do data compares.

2 Answers
Related