I am using Ubuntu to develop my website. Recently, I started to use redis.
When I started my computer, redis-server will start by its own.
What method can I stop my redis-server starting by itself?
I am using Ubuntu to develop my website. Recently, I started to use redis.
When I started my computer, redis-server will start by its own.
What method can I stop my redis-server starting by itself?
For those looking for a more up-to-date solution. If your system is using systemd (Ubuntu 15.04 and up) the way to not launch it at start-up is:
sudo systemctl disable redis-server
systemctl admits "basically" these actions (check the following links for the complete list)
disable. Don't launch at boot.enable. Launch at boot.start. Launch it now.stop. Stop it now.status. To check if is runningAs written in this answer:
For more details, see enabling-and-disabling-services and for the very long answer see this post
For more details, see this post on Digital Ocean and the man page for systemctl.