Is there a JSDoc standard?

Viewed 4865

I know there are various flavours of JSDoc around. And it seems that each implementation of a JSDoc parser recognizes its own set of tags. For example, consider the differences in tags between http://usejsdoc.org/ and http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/programming-and-development/create-useful-relevant-javascript-documentation-with-jsdoc/451.

At this point, I am just confused. Is there a canonical implementation of JSDoc or a widely recognized set of core tags? Is there best implementation of JSDoc?


EDIT

As asked in the comment below, the reason for this question is that I need to parse JSDoc comments for use with a tool that we are creating. See this question": Are there any open source JSDoc parser written in Javascript?

I'm concerned that I will have to roll my own parser, and if I do, I need to know which tags need to be supported.

But, on a deeper level, it's concerning to me that that there is no consistent specification (or reference implementation). This makes JSDoc feel a bit ad hoc to me.

2 Answers
Related