Background-size: cover suddenly stopped working in Google Chrome?

Viewed 27347

Is anyone else having this issue? I create websites for a living, and some employ the use of the css property background-size: cover. All of the sudden about 1 week ago, all of the sites with this property no longer display right in Google Chrome. (all other browsers are working fine.) Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just MY google chrome or did something change? Because the backgrounds were displaying properly until about a week ago, and I did not change anything. They just stopped displaying properly, seemingly out of nowhere....

11 Answers

Old question but has similiar issue and it turned out I needed to add and   to the empty div's I was applying background-size: cover to.

You can fix the problem by setting the height of the tag. For example, if you have a page that has a background image, set the height of the html and body tags in the CSS, like so:

html { height:100%;  min-height:100%;  } body{  min-height:100%;  }

hope this helps

Related