keytool error :java.io.IoException:Incorrect AVA format

Viewed 106357

I am new to Android development; when I have been trying to sign the application I have got the following error. Can anyone help me on this issue?

keytool error :java.io.IoException:Incorrect AVA format

I have found some solution on the forums, for instance I need to run the debug.keystore but I was not successful.

9 Answers

Special chars/escaping all good answers/could be the problem; you didn't share your actual "keytool" command line so harder to give an accurate answer. If you're trying to gen a pub/priv key pair ("-genkeypair" param), then 1 problem would be that the cert subject distinguished name ("-dname" arg) wasn't specified in the correct X.500 AVA ("Attribute/Value" Assertion) format. For example, omitting the "CN=" in front of the subject common name (CN). Param should look something like this:

keytool ... -dname="CN=SomeCertSubject" ...

In this distinguished name param, "CN" ("Common Name") is the "Attribute", "SomeCertSubject" is the "Value".

I made a mistake by entering + in the front of the country code. so changed the values like below.

+7 to 7

it works for me.

It's a common mistake, when we're going to generate Signed APK in Android Studio. So in Keystore file you can't use any special character or symbol such as (, \ + - * / < > ; ' ") otherwise, you get java.io.IoException.

See a Demo, how can you fill-up your Keystore file:

Password: anything without special character or symbol

Alias: Key0 (up to you)

Validity (years): 25 (up to you)

First and last Name: Your proper Name but don't use special character in your name like $unny @dam

Organizational Unit: Your organization Name

Organization: Your organization Name

City or Locality: Your City Name

State or Province: Your State or Province Name

Country Code (XX): Use your country code, if you don't know then search Google.

Then click OK

Related