How to make div background color transparent in CSS

Viewed 951388

I'm not using CSS3. So I can't use opacity or filter attributes. Without using these attributes how can I make the background-color transparent of a div? It should be kind of the text box example in this link. Here the text box background color is transparent. I want to make the same, but without using the above mentioned attributes.

7 Answers

From https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background-color

To set background color:

/* Hexadecimal value with color and 100% transparency*/
background-color: #11ffee00;  /* Fully transparent */

/* Special keyword values */
background-color: transparent;

/* HSL value with color and 100% transparency*/
background-color: hsla(50, 33%, 25%, 1.00);  /* 100% transparent */

/* RGB value with color and 100% transparency*/
background-color: rgba(117, 190, 218, 1.0);  /* 100% transparent */

Use something like

<div style='background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);'>

This sets the background color of said div to black, but also 40% transparent. This will not change the text or content of the divs' transparency.

    /*Fully Opaque*/
    .class-name {
      opacity:1.0;
    }

    /*Translucent*/
    .class-name {
      opacity:0.5;
    }

    /*Transparent*/
    .class-name {
      opacity:0;
    }

    /*or you can use a transparent rgba value like this*/
    .class-name{
      background-color: rgba(255, 242, 0, 0.7);
      }

    /*Note - Opacity value can be anything between 0 to 1;
    Eg(0.1,0.8)etc */
Related