Remove question mark from Paperclip-generated files in Ruby on Rails 3.2.6

Viewed 2866

I'm using Paperclip-FFMEG to upload video files to my development environment (and, eventually, to a local server when my project goes into production).

When videos are uploaded, the filename is, by default, as follows:

/system/modelnames/paperclipnames/.../mynewfile.mp4?xxxxxxxxxx

I believe the 10 digit figure after the questionmark is a timestamp.

However, the player I will be using to play the videos doesn't like to have anything after the file attachment - so I would like to strip the questionmark, and the timestamp after it, before passing the URL into the player.

I tried to use the following Ruby (I think) strip function:

temp_variable = model.paperclipattribute.url(:blah).strip('?')[0]

However, Rails throws up an error:

wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

I take it I'm doing this wrong? Any other solutions? I don't want to switch off timestamps entirely, as I only need to do so in this situation.

Thanks!

4 Answers
Related