java.io.IOException: Cannot run program error=2, No such file or directory

Viewed 40961

I have a java class in which I call a runshellscript method that will execute a script. It worked well with mysql but I cannot seem to find out why it wont work well with psql. Here is an excerpt of my runshell method:

public class RunShellScript {

public static void runShellScript (String unixCommand) 
{
 try {
     Runtime runtime=Runtime.getRuntime();
     //Process process=runtime.exec(new String [] { "/bin/csh", "-c", unixCommand});
     Process process=runtime.exec(new String [] {unixCommand});
     InputStream stderr=process.getErrorStream();
     InputStreamReader isr=new InputStreamReader (stderr);
     BufferedReader br=new BufferedReader (isr);
     String line=null;
     System.out.println("<ERROR>");

     while((line=br.readLine())!=null)
         System.out.println(line);

     System.out.println(line);
     int exitVal=process.waitFor();
     System.out.println("Process exitValue:" + exitVal);
 }
 catch (Throwable t)
 {
     t.printStackTrace();
 }

the problem is that when i put this behind a mouse clicked event it says command not found. Here is the code beuind the mous event

private void jMenuItem13MousePressed(java.awt.event.MouseEvent evt)    {                                         

    String shellCommand="vobs/tools/Scripts/DataValidation/mysqlconnection.csh";
    RunShellScript.runShellScript(shellCommand);
    // TODO add your handling code here:
}                     

The weird thing is that when I go directly to the directory where the script resides and type ./mysqlconnection the script works. But when i just type mysqlconnection is says command not found. Somehow it is not recognizing my script name as a command?

2 Answers
Related