refresh or reload datatable

Viewed 70215

I'm using Jquery Datatable which includes customized rendering for columns. Based on values, I've to disable certain control in it. I want to reload/refresh/rebind my jquery datatable after post. How can I do that?

**Controller:**

    [HttpPost]
    public JsonResult PostAction(MyMOdel model)
    {
         //save changes to DB
        return Json(new
        {
            Success = result,
        });
    }

 public ActionResult MyAction()
   //grab records from DB and return JSON
 }

**View:**

@using (Ajax.BeginForm("PostAction", "ControllerName", null,
        new AjaxOptions
        {
            UpdateTargetId = "update-message",
            InsertionMode = InsertionMode.Replace,
            HttpMethod = "POST",
            OnSuccess = "updateSuccess"
        }, new { @id = "myForm"

 }
        ))
{
<table id="myTbl" class="display"><tr><td>col1</td></tr></table>
}

<script type="text/javascript">
        var oTable = $('#myTbl').dataTable({
                     "sAjaxSource": "/ControllerName/MyAction",
                      <!-- more config -->

    function updateSuccess(data, status, xhr) {
        //refresh datatable;

    }
</script>

Update:**

I found the answer:

  • clear the table ( fnClearTable )

  • add new data to the table ( fnAddData)

  • redraw the table ( fnDraw )

7 Answers

Are you sure this is not what you are looking for:

oTable.fnReloadAjax();

That worked for me. It reloads the grid using the current ajax url config.

Related