I'm working on a javascript web application that uses Google Maps Javascript API v3. One of the things the map lets users do is draw routes along streets. However, I want users to be able to draw routes along streets that have been street viewed, and I'm running into a bit of a problem...
When you drag the yellow streetview man over the map object, all the valid streetview streets light up in blue. However, sometimes these streets do not align properly with the actual map, and other times streets that are on the map haven't been street viewed. My question is how do I get that "valid streetview area" overlay to be on the map without dragging the yellow guy around? Is there a layer I can activate somehow?
I want this layer to be visible at all times so users can tell if the streets they're drawing routes along have been street viewed and to be able to make sure their routes line up with the street view grid.
Thanks