I can not find out the way to create “secret word” on the “Merchant tools” page on moneybookers

Viewed 7244

I want to integrate moneybookers api in my web site.

I have created an account on moneybookers.

To integrate moneybookers API, i need secret word under Merchant tools.

But where is “Merchant tools” and where is “secret word”?

I have attached two screenshots of member panel on moneybookers.

This is in my account- enter image description here

But from the tutorial- http://wyday.com/blog/2011/automate-moneybookers-skrill-using-status_url-ipn-php-asp-net/ The screenshots to Create a “secret word” is- enter image description here

2 Answers

The site Moneybookers is now known as Skrill (bear that in mind as some of the following information might be confusing elsewise)

Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) [...]

Taken from this Wikipedia article.


Anyhow, you want to access the Merchant tools of Moneybookers/Skrill. To achieve this you need to update your Skrill account to a business account (often referred to as "Moneybookers merchant account"), otherwise you're not able to a.) access the tab "Merchant Tools" and b.) therefore set a secret word (which will be available on the "Merchant Tools" tab.

Overview of the Merchant tools Screenshot taken from this source


To create a Moneybookers merchant account, please check the two following links for further reading purposes:

If you have any problems with the process, I highly suggest you to look for Skrill related tutorials as "Moneybookers" returns old (most often outdated material).

Related