How to add a new audio (not mixing) into a video using ffmpeg?

Viewed 216249

I used a command like:

ffmpeg -i video.avi -i audio.mp3 -vcodec codec -acodec codec output_video.avi -newaudio

in latest version for adding new audio track to video (not mix).

But I updated the ffmpeg to the newest version (ffmpeg version git-2012-06-16-809d71d) and now in this version the parameter -newaudio doesn't work.

Tell me please how I can add new audio to my video (not mix) using ffmpeg.

8 Answers

None of these solutions quite worked for me. My original audio was being overwritten, or I was getting an error like "failed to map memory" with the more complex 'amerge' example. It seems I needed -filter_complex amix.

ffmpeg -i videowithaudioyouwanttokeep.mp4 -i audiotooverlay.mp3 -vcodec copy -filter_complex amix -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 1:a -shortest -b:a 144k out.mkv

Nothing quite worked for me (I think it was because my input .mp4 video didn't had any audio) so I found this worked for me:

ffmpeg -i input_video.mp4 -i balipraiavid.wav -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 output.mp4

This shows how to merge all audio tracks into one entire directory with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio.mp3 -map 0:v -map 1:a -c:v copy -shortest output.mp4
Related