How to set a default Value of a UIPickerView

Viewed 117282

I have a problem with my UIPickerView. I have 3 values in it EU AP and NA. When I start the app EU seems to be selected but when I make a NSLog(@"%@", [regions objectAtIndex:row]); I only get back (null), now when I touch the UIPickerView the EU value is selected and I get "EU" back from a NSLog.

My question is:

How can I define a default value which is selected (not only the label) when the user only starts the app and touches nothing.

Edit: Here is my code to get the selected item:

#pragma mark -
#pragma mark PickerView DataSource

- (NSInteger)numberOfComponentsInPickerView:
(UIPickerView *)pickerView
{
    return 1;
}
- (NSInteger)pickerView:(UIPickerView *)pickerView
numberOfRowsInComponent:(NSInteger)component
{
    return [regions count];
}
- (NSString *)pickerView:(UIPickerView *)pickerView
             titleForRow:(NSInteger)row
            forComponent:(NSInteger)component
{
    return [regions objectAtIndex:row];
}

#pragma mark -
#pragma mark PickerView Delegate
-(void)pickerView:(UIPickerView *)pickerView didSelectRow:(NSInteger)row
      inComponent:(NSInteger)component
{

                selectedRegion = [[NSString alloc] initWithFormat:
                              @"%@", [regions objectAtIndex:row]];
    NSLog(@"%@", selectedRegion);


}
8 Answers

In case someone is still looking answer to this old question in Swift, here is what worked for me. None of the above answers worked as I had to select the first row in viewDidLoad.

self.pickerView.delegate?.pickerView?(self.pickerView, didSelectRow: 0, inComponent: 0)

Hope this helps.

Related