Firefox Websocket security issue

Viewed 77202

We have a websocket server on port 8080 setup on a Linode box. Chrome and Opera work just fine. Firefox however complains that the operation is insecure.

"The operation is insecure: Code 18"

If I try to create a new WebSocket object in the web console before the page is loaded everything is fine. However, after the page loads something is screwy then I cannot create the object anymore. See the attached screenshot.enter image description here

I have no idea what operation is insecure or even how to go about diagnosing this.

6 Answers

Open "about:config" url in firefox. Search for allowInsecureFromHTTPS and set it to true

Beside secure ssl context and cross-origin policies, assigning some port can trigger the error as well.

What are valid http ports for Firefox? I don't know precisely, but have to be between 1500 and 64000, or the console will display:

SecurityError: The operation is insecure.

And http links will say:

This address is restricted

This address uses a network port which is normally used for purposes other than Web browsing.
Firefox has canceled the request for your protection.

enter image description here

Related