Applying delay between iterations of javascript for loop

Viewed 18089

Is it possible to apply a delay to successive iterations of a javascript for-loop using jQuery or underscore? I have a for-loop on my page that I am using to pop up growl notifications when users fulfill certain conditions and if there are multiple conditions I would like to stagger the growl notifications instead of popping up several at the same time. Here is the loop in question:

var badge_arr = response.split("Earned badge:");
//Start at 1 so I'm not getting everything before the first badge
for(i = 1; i < badge_arr.length; i++){
    responseStr += badge_arr[i];
    //Create growl notification
    //badge info echoed back will be of the form 
    //Earned badge: name: description: imgSource
    var badge_info = badge_arr[i].split(':');
    var title = 'NEW BADGE UNLOCKED';
    var text = 'You just unlocked the badge '+badge_info[0]+': '+badge_info[1];
    var img = badge_info[2];
    createGrowl(title, text, img);
} 
2 Answers
Related