ReSharper unit test runner gives Inconclusive to the outer class

Viewed 8669

I have unit tests written using nUnit and tests are structured in a similar way as in Phil Haack's post

namespace MyNamespace
{
    [TestFixture]
    public class ClassToTest
    {
        [TestFixture]
        public class MethodToTest
        {
            [Test]
            public void ThrowsArgumentNullException_OnNullIndex()
            {
                ...
            }

            .. more tests for the method ..
        }

        [TestFixture]
        public class AnotherMethodToTest
        {
            [Test]
            public void ThrowsArgumentNullException_OnNullIndex()
            {
                ...
            }

            .. more tests for the method ..
        }
    }
}

My problem is that I get inconclusive for the outer class that is used to group unit tests. I have tried with and without [TestFixture] on the outer and/or inner class, but it is always giving me Inconclusive.

I think the correct behavior should be to display unit test states from the inner class tests. Any ideas?

Inconclusive is appearing for the outer class

Update

One ugly fix seems to be creating a dummy test to the outer class and then put attribute Ignore on it.

[Test, Ignore]
public void DummyTest()
{
    Assert.IsTrue(true);
}

Update 2

Channs & Wayne are correct, outer class is just used for grouping, so changing from class to namespace is the best solution.

3 Answers
Related