Our maven projects all build on a jenkins and then deploy the artifacts to a maven repository.
For some reason however there seems to be some kind of cache or update lag when building a project that has dependencies to other projects that just got newly build.
Say there's a bug in artifact A and B depends on A. Now I fix the bug locally, update my dependencies in B, run B and everything's fine. I check in obviously. Now I build A on Jenkins and afterwards B. I then get the newly built B and run it. The bug is still there. Hours later if I build B again it will kindly get the new A and the bug is gone..
So there must be a way to force jenkins to use the new A on its server. using mvn -u or mvn --update-snapshots will not help. It will check for updates and find none..