Exporting APK from eclipse (ADT) silently crashes

Viewed 22192

Every time I try to export an APK from Eclipse (tried Juno and Indigo) on Mac, eclipse crashes after a few seconds

This used to work fine on my current setup.

Running the app straight (debug mode) on my phone works fine.

The error from the console is:

Invalid memory access of location 0x10073f113 rip=0x101f656f7
Bus error: 10

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.4 on a ~2010 MacBook Pro, with the following java:

java version "1.6.0_33"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03-424-11M3720)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.8-b03-424, mixed mode)

I'm using ADT 20.

I've tried reinstalling Eclipse and the Android SDK, and re-downloading ADT.

The Eclipse error view doesn't show anything

Any ideas of different methods I can try, or other ways to investigate what's going wrong?

Cheers

Update: For anyone coming along post-2014, you should be using Android Studio, which doesn't have this problem.

8 Answers
Related