Cabal Multiple Executables

Viewed 2854

I'm working on a website using Yesod I have the normal build running but I can't seem to populate my database reliably. I have a second haskell program that populates the database and I've added it to my cabal file like this:

executable         program
  if flag(library-only)
    Buildable: False

  main-is:           ../main.hs
  hs-source-dirs:    dist
  build-depends:     base
                   , myproject
                   , yesod-default

executable         init
  if flag(library-only)
    Buildable: False

  main-is:           init.hs
  hs-source-dirs:    Init
  build-depends:     base
                   , directory
                   , persistent
                   , persistent-sqlite
                   , text
                   , myproject
                   , yesod-default

The problem is that when I run 'cabal build' it does not rebuild init when init.hs changes. What do I have to do to make this happen?

Here's an example terminal session (after editing init.hs):

$ cabal build
Building myproject-0.0.0...
Preprocessing library myproject-0.0.0...
Registering myproject-0.0.0...
$ rm -rf dist/build/myproject/init
$ cabal build
Building myproject-0.0.0...
Preprocessing library myproject-0.0.0...
Registering myproject-0.0.0...

Thank you.

1 Answers
Related