Hide Report Services Jobs in SSMS

Viewed 1752

I have a Report Services instance that creates hundreds of jobs. The jobs are in serial format (ie. xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx) and clutter up the jobs section view in SSMS. Is there any way to hide these jobs?

2 Answers

I followed the steps above, but added a variable inside the sp_help_category stored procedure:

DECLARE @ShowSSRS BIT 
SELECT @ShowSSRS = ShowSSRS FROM ShowSSRS

ShowSSRS is a table I added to the msdb database that has one bit field, also named ShowSSRS that will let me toggle between true and false. Typically I set it to false because we have a lot of SSRS reports that clutter the list. When I need to troubleshoot one, I set it to true, refresh and they all appear. I actually have an SSRS report that lists all the jobs, so I know which GUID is for which job.

In the code that is added around line 96/97, I simply check the variable:

IF @ShowSSRS = 0
      SET @where_clause += N'
        AND
        CASE
          WHEN 
              name = ''Report Server'' 
              AND (
                  SELECT program_name 
                  FROM sys.sysprocesses 
                  where spid = @@spid) = ''Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio''  THEN 0
          ELSE 1
        END = 1 '

Related