QT Release build DLL procedure entry point error

Viewed 19559

I built an application in Qt Creator that does some image processing with CImg. It runs fine when I run it from the inside IDE, but if I try to launch it from its directory, it throws the following error.

The procedure entry point ??4QString@@QAEAAV0@$$QAV0AAZ could not be located 
in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll

Everything points to having multiple version of the DLLs installed. I found my Xilinx IDE uses the Qt libraries, but the DLLs in question are the same version. I'm not really a software guy, and at a loss here.

4 Answers

Had the same problem [Windows 10, Qt5 + Mingw] and got the same error even AFTER I copied all the necessary Qt5 .dll files.

DependencyWalker crashed for me so I did trial and error method by copying files.

It turned out that I also needed libstdc++-6.dll copied too.

This signal that there might be additional libraries - beside the Qt ones - you need to copy.

Related