Why my App is not showing up on tablets in Google Play?

Viewed 39363

I just released my app for phones and tablets but it is not showing up in Google Play for tablets.

Checked on Nexus 7 and Asus eeeePad

This is what I have in my manifest file

<compatible-screens>
    <!--no small size screens -->

    <!--Only hdpi and xhdpi for normal size screens -->
    <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />

    <!-- all large size screens -->
    <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="ldpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />

    <!-- all xlarge size screens -->
    <screen android:screenSize="xlarge" android:screenDensity="ldpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="xlarge" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="xlarge" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
    <screen android:screenSize="xlarge" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />
</compatible-screens>

uses-sdk tag

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="11" />

permissions

<uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" /> 
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BROADCAST_STICKY" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED"/>
<permission android:name="com.myapp.something.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" android:protectionLevel="signature" />

After explicitly adding uses-feature tag to false it started appearing for Asus eeeePad tablet but still not appearing for nexus 7. Here is what I see in developer console

This application is only available to devices with these features, as defined in your application manifest. Screen densities: LARGE,MDPI LARGE,HDPI LARGE,LDPI LARGE,XHDPI XLARGE,MDPI XLARGE,HDPI XLARGE,LDPI XLARGE,XHDPI NORMAL,MDPI NORMAL,HDPI NORMAL,XHDPI Required device features

android.hardware.screen.portrait
android.hardware.touchscreen
7 Answers

I get help from answer this question.

How to make android Phonegap available for tablets?

Yes. The problem was with permissions. I remove all permissions from AndroidManifest.xml than test the app and add permission one by one when getting missing permission error. Now my app is compatible with android phones as well as tablets.

Related