Use array adapter with more views in row in listview

Viewed 18005

I have stumbled upon a problem I can't quite get my head around, so I was hoping perhaps someone here have had the same problem or knew a good way of solving the problem.

I have created a view containing a ListView. This ListView contains two TextView. The problem is that I don't know where I send the values which are meant to go in the second text view using the ArrayAdapter. Is there a way to send with more information to the ArrayAdapter so that I can feed the "todaysmenu" TextView?

The ArrayAdapter method:

private void createList() {
    ListView lv = (ListView) findViewById(R.id.mylist);
    String[] values = new String[] { "Android", "Linux", "OSX", 
            "WebOS", "Windows7", "Ubuntu", "OS/2"
    };
    ArrayAdapter<String> adapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>(this,R.layout.rowlayout, R.id.restaurantname, values);
    lv.setAdapter(adapter);
}

The row markup:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:orientation="vertical" >

    <TextView
        android:id="@+id/restaurantname"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:text="@+id/restaurantname"
        android:textSize="23dp" >

    </TextView>

    <TextView
        android:id="@+id/textView1"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:text="@+id/todaysmenu" />

</LinearLayout>

The activity layout:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="fill_parent"
    android:orientation="vertical" >

    <ListView
    android:id="@+id/mylist"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content">
    </ListView>


</LinearLayout>

At the beginning I got everything to work, but when I added the second textfield problems arouse. In advance, thank you for your help!

4 Answers
Related