Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact

Viewed 77443

I have recently looked into Gorilla Logic's open source testing tool and need to make some changes in order to be able to log something to the console. I have checked out the code out of source control for the "Android Agent" and now I am looking to build a new .jar agent file. I need to use the
mvn clean install to build the .jar file. When I try to build it the command line is giving this error
Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact com.gorillalogic.monkeytalk:monkeytalk:pom:1.0.12-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 6, column 10 -> [Help 2]

Can anyone help me with this or let me know what this means? Thanks. :) I don't understand maven and just want to know what it means.

Here is the pom.xml file line 6-10

<parent> 
<groupId>com.gorillalogic.monkeytalk</groupId>
    <artifactId>monkeytalk</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.12-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>/Users/henry/Desktop/monkeytalk-agent-android/parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>
2 Answers

If there are lots of dependencies behind the project, they have to be pattered for first before building the main project.

Clean, compile and install such dependencies (from the "Maven" pane found on the right side of the IDE). First move such dependencies enclosed within their projects to the same main project directory.

Lastly, clean, compile and install the main project.

Related