How do I execute the command 'appcfg rollback'?

Viewed 17105

While uploading the project , there was a network failure and I had to stop, when the uploading process was only 31% complete. Now when I click to deploy application to google app engine the following message is produced :

com.google.appengine.tools.admin.HttpIoException: Error posting to URL: 
https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/create?app_id=programworks&version=1&
409 Conflict
Another transaction by user suhailgupta03 is already in progress for app: 
s~programworks, version: 1. That user can undo the transaction with 
"appcfg rollback".

Unable to update app: Error posting to URL: https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/create?app_id=programworks&version=1&
409 Conflict
Another transaction by user suhailgupta03 is already in progress for app: 
s~programworks, version: 1. That user can undo the transaction with "appcfg rollback".

I open my shell prompt and type in there appcfg rollback but I get a message that this command is not found.I have installed google app engine as a plugin for netbeans.

The path where I have kept the jars of google app engine : /home/non-admin/appengine-java-sdk-1.6.6/lib/

Please tell what should I do to rollback the previous process ? I badly need to upload the war file.!

11 Answers

After trying to rollback for a while without any success (I was prompted for user/pass endlessly ) I thought It might be because of my two phase/factor authentication,

So the following way solved it all:

  1. open command prompt (cmd.exe) in D:\Java\eclipse\plugins\com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle_1.8.3\appengine-java-sdk-1.8.3\bin> (or look for the location of your appcfg.cmd somewhere else)

  2. type in: appcfg.cmd --oauth2 rollback D:/Java/workspace/my_app/war

  3. Then I was prompted with oauth2 token in my browser , did copy and got back to the cmd than paste

  4. That's it! Deploy to App Engine works again!

Related