The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine when using a tor proxy

Viewed 17555

I'm trying to send an httpwebrequest using a tor proxy with my asp.net application and I receive this error message when calling the webresponse.GetResponse() method:

The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

I've tried searching for a solution on the web and I found 3 main solutions for this error:

  1. Add to Web.config.

    <system.net>
      <settings>
        <httpWebRequest useUnsafeHeaderParsing="true"/>
      </settings>
    </system.net>`
    
  2. Add the line: webRequest.ProtocolVersion = HttpVersion.Version10; to the code.

  3. Add the line request.ServicePoint.Expect100Continue = false; to the code.

Each one of the listed solutions didn't change a thing about the error message.

Here's the request code:

WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy = new WebRequest("127.0.0.1:9051");
HttpWebRequest webRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);

webRequest.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();
webRequest.ProtocolVersion = HttpVersion.Version10;
webRequest.KeepAlive = false;
webRequest.Method = "GET";
webRequest.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
webRequest.Accept = "text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8";
webRequest.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19";

HttpWebResponse webResponse = (HttpWebResponse)webRequest.GetResponse();
StreamReader streamReader = new StreamReader(webResponse.GetResponseStream());

string html = streamReader.ReadToEnd();
webResponse.Close();
return html;

Can anyone help me find a solution for this?

2 Answers
Related