Eclipse does not recognize types from stdint.h for ARM Windows GCC toolchain

Viewed 22342

I have Eclipse Juno for C/C++ developers installed together with GNU ARM C/C++ Development Support plug-in from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuarmeclipse.

In my project I am using types like uint_32t, int16_t and uint8_t than normally comes from stdint.h. While I forced the Eclipse to see the standard headers of my compiler by directly pointing the directory where the include directory lies, mentioned types are not resolved. This gives me a lot of red markings about unresolved symbols and do some problems with code completion of the functions declared with these types.

The same problem is with standard macro definitions like GNUC - normally CDT see these for GNU C or GNU C++, but with toolchain set to ARM Windows GCC it don't. Strange.

What can I do to resolve that and return the main boost Eclipse gives in productivity?

8 Answers

In my case, the problem was that PATH did not direct to the compiler. So I added C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\7 2017-q4-major\bin to the variable and it worked. To clarify: we had a convention, that we direct to the compiler with the variable GCCPATH.

See if Project -> C/C++ Index -> Freshen All Files helps.

Related