GNUPLOT Each Histogram Bar with different color

Viewed 8980

I want to visualize the amount of different colors of a bitmap file.

My Datasheet looks like:

1 163073164
4 185122087
3 255242000
8 255255255
3 000162232
1 181230029
1 127127127
1 136000021
3 200191231

I want to draw each color bar with its own color by using gnu plot histogram style.

I just try something out by using "lc variable" but it doesnt work. :-(

My GNUPLOT script by now:

set style data histograms 
set boxwidth 1
set grid
set style histogram cluster gap 0  
set style fill solid 1.0 border -1
set yrange [0:*]
set xrange [0:*]
set xtics border in scale 0,10  nomirror rotate by -45  offset character 0, 0, 0 left
plot "histo.dat" using 1:xticlabels(2) lc variable no title
#EOF

I've got this error message:

gnuplot> plot "histo.dat" using 1:xticlabels(2) lc variable no title
                                              ^
         "histo.plt", line 9: Bad data on line 1

Can anybody give me a hint or the correct commands?

Best regards Robert

2 Answers
Related