Unable to Change Favicon with Express.js

Viewed 41141

This is a really basic question, but I'm trying to change the favicon of my node.js/Express app with

app.use(express.favicon(__dirname + '/public/images/favicon.ico'));

and I'm still getting the default favicon. This is in my app.configure function, and yes, I've verified that there is a favicon.ico in the /public/images/favicon.ico.There's nothing about a favicon.ico in the console, either, which leads me to believe that this line of code is being ignored. Everything else in the function (setting port, setting views directory, setting template engine. etc.) seems to be working fine, so why would this line of code not be executing?

What I tried

  • Emptying browser cache
  • Restarting Terminal and running node app.js again
  • Adding { maxAge: 2592000000 }, as described here

Thanks in advance.

Update: I got it to work. See my answer below for more information.

8 Answers

Simplest way I could come up with (valid only for local dev, of course) was to host the server on a different port

PORT=3001 npm run start

Related