I have some values generated from my native code that I would like to pass to phonegap. These data are generated in real time and are not directly influenced by the user's actions through the phonegap gui.My native code is part of a plugin that I made.
What is the best way to approach this? I want to have a function to send data over anytime and have a listener on the cordova side. I'm using Cordova 1.5 with Xcode 4.3.
Here is what I have so far:
swipe.js:
var swipe={
callNativeFunction: function (success, fail, resultType) {
return Cordova.exec( success, fail,
"ca.swipe",
"nativeFunction",
[resultType]); }
};
index.html:
...
function callNativePlugin( returnSuccess ) {
swipe.callNativeFunction( nativePluginResultHandler, nativePluginErrorHandler, returnSuccess );
}
function nativePluginResultHandler (result) {
alert("SUCCESS: \r\n"+result );
}
function nativePluginErrorHandler (error) {
alert("ERROR: \r\n"+error );
} ... <body onload="onBodyLoad()"> <h1>Hey, it's Cordova!</h1>
<button onclick="callNativePlugin('success');">Success</button>
<button onclick="callNativePlugin('error');">Fail</button>
</body> ...
swipe.h:
...
@interface swipe : CDVPlugin
- (void) nativeFunction:(NSMutableArray*)arguments withDict:(NSMutableDictionary*)options;
@end
swipe.m:
...
- (void) nativeFunction:(NSMutableArray*)arguments withDict:(NSMutableDictionary*)options {
NSLog(@"Hello, this is a native function called from PhoneGap/Cordova!");
//get the callback id
NSString *callbackId = [arguments pop];
NSString *resultType = [arguments objectAtIndex:0];
NSMutableArray *GlobalArg=arguments;
CDVPluginResult *result;
if ( [resultType isEqualToString:@"success"] ) {
result = [CDVPluginResult resultWithStatus:CDVCommandStatus_OK messageAsString: @"Success :)"];
//writes back the smiley face to phone gap.
[self writeJavascript:[result toSuccessCallbackString:callbackId]];
}
...
The code that I have right now has nothing for doing what I want. I'm not really sure how to setup the code in both cordova and native.