@GeneratedValue with strategy=GenerationType.AUTO generates repeated value after restart

Viewed 32233

I have a hibernate entity with an ID configured as

@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO)
private Long id;

The creation of new elements works ok in the first run. But if I restart my application and retrieve back the records, the next time I try to persist this entity, hibernate tries to use the same ID generated when the application was not restarted.

I get the error below, and when running with trace option, I was able to see that the ID was being reused

*Hibernate: insert into org_myEntity (entitiyJID, entitityName, id) values (?, ?, ?) org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter
SQL Error: 20000, SQLState: 23505 org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL120725164357680' defined on 'TABLE_NAME'. org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener
Could not synchronize database state with session org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not*

By the way, I am using hibernate 3.3.2.GA, javax.persistance 2.0.0 and Derby 10.5.1 database

Does someone have any idea what could be wrong on my generation and how could I fix it?

1 Answers
Related