How to append strings to other strings in a data set?

Viewed 100409

I want to append several strings in a data set with custom strings.

Example

Content of Dataset:

Test1
Test2
Test3

Result after appending:

Test1.com
Test2.com
Test3.com

Would I have to use regex to parse to the end of each Test[n] to be able to append it with a custom string (.com)? Has anyone got an example that describes exactly how to do it?

I am reading from a SQL-Table and writing values into a DataSet which is exported to CSV the following way:

$DataSet.Tables[0] | ConvertTO-Csv -Delimiter ',' -NotypeInformation |`% { $_ -replace '"','' } |  out-file  $outfile -Encoding "unicode"

The DataSet contains of Strings such as:

Banana01
Banana02
Apple01
Cherry01
Cherry02
Cherry03

The thing I want to do is append .com to only Cherry01, Cherry02, and Cherry03, and after appending .com, export it as a CSV file.

3 Answers
Related